Tuesday, November 9, 2010

10 Things: The nighttime sniffling sneezing coughing aching stuffy head fever so you can rest medicine edition

It seems like cold and flu season is officially upon us. 'Old Lady' and 'TT' were out today and I was left to hold down the fort all by my lonesome. Somehow I managed. My nose is a little runny and I've been sneezing but I'm going to chalk that up to allergies? I have no known allergies (well Vicodin makes me vomit) is that something that you can develop as you age? I suppose that means my immune system is slowly breaking down, I guess that's why old people have to get flu shots all the time. Not looking forward to that.

But in honor of using your PSL days whether it be legit or not I give you 10 Things: The nighttime sniffling sneezing coughing aching stuffy head fever so you can rest medicine edition. 10 things to get you through cold and flu season.

* Kleenex [we discussed at length one day box preferences, I prefer square]
* Warm tea- helps ease a sore throat
* A safety perimeter- don't get too close to those with symptoms
* Soup- stock up, it makes you feel better
* A warm blanket
* NyQuil (or your drug of choice)
* Did I mention Kleenex?- your going to need em, don't be cheap your nose will thank you
* Hand sanitizer- Use it.
* Cold/Flu germs can live up to 48 hours on hard surfaces- clean your desk!
* No brainer- wash your hands and as a courtesy do the sleeve sneeze

I can tell you what we don't need really is this heatwave. Sure it's nice but now we are all going to be dodging the sicky's and picking up their slack at work. :)

Try to stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...