Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Hot Toddy

According to good ol' Wiki a hot toddy is: a name given to a mixed drink, usually including alcohol, that is served hot. Hot toddies are traditionally drunk before going to bed, or in wet and/or cold weather. They were believed to help cure the cold and flu.

So last night with the urging of co-workers I went ahead and tried a hot toddy to see if it would clear up what I got's going on with my symptoms. So I made some hot tea, added some honey, added some whiskey, and added some lemon. It actually wasn't too bad, I added way to much lemon which made it gross so I didn't finish the whole thing so I think that negates it's purpose but I'd try it again. I've also heard you can add peppermint instead of lemon if that's your thing, so I might try that if I make one again.

It smelled really good and look at how pretty that mug is with my old timers concoction of get well (aka Whiskey, which oddly enough seems to have been used for many ailments) I'm still sneezing, have a runny nose and sound like a man, so I'll keep trying. But I wouldn't rule this out as a future possibility.

1 comment:

  1. Hot toddies in our house were comprised of orange juice, honey, and rum or whiskey. Delicious! (Interesting note: the booze used in every toddy through my entire childhood came from one singular bottle. My parents were not drinkers, yet my mother saw no issue with giving her ailing children alcohol to cure their sore throats.)

    Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...