Thursday, November 4, 2010

B-I-N-G-O was Not This Girls Name-O

The Bingo mistress of luck can be cruel or merciful to beginner bingo-ers. Tonight to me she was not nice. TT she gave $100.... grrr.

Let me run down the scenario for you. We attended the weekly Thursday night Bingo game(s) at the local Moose Lodge. As 'Old Lady' and I walked in the door, there was already too many options for us to choose from. There were technical looking computerized cards and the good ol paper cards. We did note that they were selling daubers there (I searched all over creation for them last night to at least be kind of prepared when we walked through the door) There was a price list off to the side but it's a tough decision to decide how much money do you want to spend to try and win some more money. As we stood there looking perplexed people (clearly pro's) were walking up buying their cards throwing down 40 bones at a time!?! Craziness.

We finally decided on a hybrid purchase. I think we ended up with, actually I don't know how many there were, on the high-tech computery version of bingo and 6 cards per game paper. I chose a green dauber color, while Old Lady had a purple and TT had pink. The computery games were the easiest just type in the number and it does all the work for you, it will even play a little song when you have bingo (although I never heard mine).

We made some friends who are regulars and they helped us out, everyone was so nice. But I could tell there were some hardcore folk there, you know the kind. Kind of butchy old ladies that are probably retired PE teachers, they were there too. Our friends were the sweet old bingo ladies you'd expect to see at any bingo hall.

Once we got in our rhythm we were rockin and rollin' I think the money went to TT's head and she wanted to keep on adding cards like she's a pro because she won a measly $100 game. She's going to cry when I eventually win the big pot. I may be 90 but winning is winning! ;)

Those ladies (and a few men) will through down their whole social security check in hopes of winning a game (about 40-60 dollars assuming there is one winner) but good for them. I hope that at their age I've still got my wits about me to know what numbers are and if I can I'll crank that hearing aide up, rub my little troll's belly for luck and daub away and yell BINGO at the top of my little old lady lungs.

Bingo night was lots of fun, now that my nerves have settled I'm totally ready to go back for more. Watch out because I may just have an official bingo bag to take with me if I keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...