Sunday, October 31, 2010

* Happy Halloween * & Let's Catch up!

Sorry blog peeps, it's been over a week since I've blogged. I know you were probably worried about me, I'm ok. I was actually busy getting my Halloween costume finished and it was going to be awesome. But sadly after all that hard work, my sister ended up being sick yesterday so I didn't go out.  Instead I sat my happy self at home in my PJ's and watched TV. I'm sorry she was sick but it makes me very sad that I put all that work into the costumes and didn't get to go anywhere... as always. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Friday at work was costume day. I actually won "Most Creative Costume" with my crazy cat lady get up. Complete with cats, pictures of cats, and talking about how awesome cats are. Here are some pictures from the other people who dressed up too. We had Darius Rucker, Thinkin' Arby's girl, and a few Merlottes waitresses and a Halloween edition of the Three Wolf Moon shirt. Epicness.




On Friday, we participated in the "Screaming Pumpkin Race" it was so much fun. We participated in the 10k Run (which we mostly walked, but hey 6.55 miles is 6.55 miles) needless to say I was a little sore. The course was set up through the historic Springdale Cemetery in Peoria, IL. We finished in just under 2 hours. (that's about an 18 minute mile if you were wondering) It was very neat. The cemetery was full of old Mausoleums and old stones everywhere. The course was pitch black except for glow sticks lining the path on one side. It was a grueling course too, for the people that say there are no hills in Illinois, go to this cemetery wand wog (run/jog) up one and get back to me. Needless to say I was a little sore yesterday. It was lots of fun and I hope to go back and do it again next year and try to actually run the whole thing. Google map the cemetery though and you'll see how absolutely HUGE it is. They also ran a Marathon and a Marathon Relay as well (that means 4 laps on the grueling course..eek!) There are pictures but my friend has them on her camera so I'll have to wait to get them from her, then I'll post them for ya.

Today is the official Trick-or-Treat day here in GC, so I may or may not be passing out candy. I may just repeat yesterday I haven't decided yet.

I am very excited for next weekend though and cannot wait! Friday is the annual Rodeo that me and my country gals attend AND after that one of our favorite local bands is going to be at our country bar, Double Awesome!! I can't wait for that. THEN on Saturday It's Sew My Style and myself are heading to Chi-town for a free financial seminar that we decided to attend on a spur of the moment impulse and Bill and Guiliana Rancic will be guest speakers. I'm proud of us for being spontaneous.

Thursday was Book Club night! This month we read "The Brief History of the Dead" by Kevin Brockmeier. It was an interesting book and I liked it alot until the end. The basic premise of the book is that when you die you go to 'The City' which is just another city like the one you came from except everyone there has died. You can remain in the city as long as someone on Earth remembers you. It's an interesting thought, you are only "alive" as long as you are remembered by the living. The book ends with you wanting more and asking a lot of questions. It was a little deep for us to figure out the exact meaning of what the author was going for. In other news apparently the new goal for The Page Turner if to find me the love of my life just look here. From all the conversations we had that night, this is what stuck. I don't know whether to be excited, nervous, or depressed lol. I'll let you know how that works out. Our November book (our 1 year anniversary!) is "Flowers for Algernon" by David Keyes. I read it before in High School, don't remember the details but know the general premise. For December, my pick is "A Single Man" by Christopher Isherwood.

I think that is all for now, see you didn't really miss that much in my absence. Don't worry I'll be back on it now. Happy Haunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...