Saturday, October 4, 2014

I'm on a Mission


No... not that kind of mission, but a mission nonetheless. I am racking my brain trying to change my outdoor patio space. It's the first thing I see when I come home from a long day at the office and it's just kind of blah. It needs more color and character.  I've been on Pinterest longer than I care to share today looking for ideas.





The green faux turf was there when I moved in, but I'm thinking a brighter rug wouldn't hurt. The weather here is finally starting to be 'cooler' I can definitely feel it in the mornings and evenings. Funny how lower 80's/upper 70's is chilly here. I'm told October the temps fall quick throughout the month, though today it's supposed to be a high of 100° which the weatherman says is our last 100° day. The 10 day forecast doesn't look too bad, although of course there would be rain in there because I just washed my car today. 


Any ideas to transform this space? Don't expect and update too soon, I'm sure this will require extensive research and procrastination.

1 comment:

  1. you could get like a wire cool wall hanging thing to put on the wall above the chairs. they are generally metal black, brown, bronze. keep eye at garage sales or thrifts stores, even ross/TJ Maxx, etc. then you can spray paint it a bright color to match. you could also spray paint the chairs to add some color.
    if you got to the pool stores (like Paddocks) now, they should have some cushions/ pillows on sale for outdoor furniture.(even this is our 'in season' the stores follow normal sales)
    maybe a big plant? (be mindful of things that bloom, they are super messy, I'm looking at you, Bouganivillea)
    maybe a small table to set up holiday or seasonal stuff?
    and of course mood lighting. good ol' christmas lights!
    Can I just come over & go to town?? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...