Sunday, October 5, 2014

Army NiBo


Some of you may have been wondering how NiBo is doing, I realized I haven't caught you up. He's going great, he is finally towards the end of his initial training! Phone calls have been few and far between because it seems there are some in his platoon that just can't follow rules and it ruins it for everyone. The top picture is a selfie I got yesterday when he had his phone, he was able to call home for about 15 mins and there wasn't enough time to call me so I got a picture instead! 

We have all been getting lots of letters. It takes forever to write a letter by hand and then only a few minutes to actually read it, technology is good. NiBo's handwriting takes a bit to figure out but we love getting the letters anyway! He's requested a weekly recap of Sons of Anarchy lol! He says it's harding being without technology or any knowledge of what's going on, a social blackout he calls it.

Family weekend will be in a few weeks, he will have 2 days of leave from 8am-8pm each day so that will be nice for him. He said in one of his letters that he MUST HAVE 1-pizza 2-a burger 3-chicken strips and 4-ice cream. I said he will probably make himself sick gorging on so much food! I initially was only going to go to the graduation ceremony in November but changed my mind last week and booked a flight to Georgia. It will be fun to surprise him since he doesn't know I'm coming! I figure that graduation weekend will be on a schedule and we don't know if he gets any kind of family leave, so while he had the free time from family weekend I just couldn't miss out! 

Here are a couple of the pictures we were able to 100% know it was NiBo, they all look the same when you are trying to find yours, it's like Where's Waldo! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...