Saturday, September 27, 2014

Rainy Fall Saturday in Arizona



It doesn't happen too often, but it's been happening more than usual this year (of course). It's been raining all day today! Full on thunderstorms, we had warnings and thunder and lightening and tons of rain! It even flooded our drainage basin again. 2.14" was the final total for today. The other great thing about today's rain, it dropped the temperature from 90° to 70°


This cold front has been the first sign that it will eventually cool down and I can be thankful I live in a winter paradise! We brought in the first day of fall with a high of 104°! Fall is my favorite season so it will be interesting to see how I manage without the crisp cool nights, backyard fires and the beautiful colors of the leaves changing. I miss my favorite tree on my drive to work back in Illinois, it was always one of the first signs of fall approaching. So go ahead and brag about your real Midwestern fall, complete with farmers in the fields.... we'll chat come December/January ;) 





1 comment:

  1. Not going to brag about the beauty of fall, spring & summer here. Bragging is tacky. Kind of like bragging about a couple of months of warm winter weather. Not cool. One cancels out the other :-) BS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...