Sunday, September 14, 2014

Grand Canyon Trip #2

Yes you read that correctly, I went back to the Grand Canyon, twice in a three month span. My friend Tulip was originally going to come with us when the siblings were out, but she ended up making a trip back home instead. I told her that anytime she wanted to go, I would be more than happy to go back! That place just never gets old!

We knew we were running out of weekends to go before it go too cold up in the high country (That's what AZ folk call up North) and thought this would be a good weekend according to the weather. Man were we spot on! It was such beautiful weather, the high/low was 81°/44° [Compare that to the Phoenix area which was 100°/85°] There was a light breeze and it was just a perfect day to explore the Grand Canyon. We spent so much time hiking down into the canyon (which was awesome) we didn't make it to all the viewpoints along the rim, so this time we pretty much made it almost every single viewpoint there is along the South Rim! 

Here are just a few of the pictures I took from this trip, and again, they don't even do it justice... if you get the chance go! I hope one day I will be in good enough shape to hike to the bottom!



photo credit: Tulip



photo credit: Tulip
They said if you stand under the bell it's good luck! 

We even got to see parts of the river this time too! 

Desert View Watchtower


photo credit: Tulip
Hooray for jackets! 

photo credit: Tulip

photo credit: Tulip
Saw a lot more wildlife this time around too!

Our sunset view from Desert View was amAZing!
I got super lucky with this beautiful picture!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you can make too many trips to the Grand Canyon.
    PT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...