Thursday, September 4, 2014

Visit Home!

Good grief, I've had this post sitting ready to post for a few days. My appologies ;) 

For just a short weekend trip home (Friday-Monday) I sure got a lot accomplished! My Friday morning started with a beautiful departure from Arizona, just look at that morning sunshine (and no humidity)



Dad picked me up at the airport and our first stop was back at the office to say hello to all my coworkers that I miss very much! It was so nice to get to see everyone, I ended up staying way longer than I thought I would! Who knew people would want to hear all about AZ life and my new job.

After the office visit I had to make a stop at my favorite ice cream stop, the only place I know of that you can get eyes on your ice cream! My family has been going here since we were wee little ones, and anytime A.Drama or NiBo and I go, we still get eyes... dad sometimes even asks for them! 


After ice cream, dad and I had some time to kill so we just drove around until we got the call that the family was ready. The original plan was to surprise mom, gpa and gma.... so only A.Drama, a few friends and dad knew I was coming. For months and months the secret was safe. But A.Drama let it slip about 2 weeks before I was due to arrive, and to make sure she knew, my friend BWurm let it slip too. Oh well... it was good timing for mom since she was a little down that NiBo had shipped out for boot camp, so in the end I'm glad she knew and had something to look forward to. 

A.Drama sent us a text once they were all settled in their seats at one of our favorite pizza places (another haunt that we have been going to since we were all wee little ones) There was an empty seat next to gma so I sad down and said "Can I sit here?" The look on her face was priceless, she just looked at me with her mouth open and started to tear up! I didn't get to see Gpa's face but A.Dram said it was pretty much the same. They were so excited to see me, it was an awesome surprise! 


How I've missed these simple roads! 


Midwest sunsets are pretty awesome


I got my haircut, the bangs are back! 




A.Drama and I paid a visit to Roger Ebert and had to pose for a thumbs up! 


Cornfields as far as the eye can see! 


Had to made a stop at an Illinois pizza staple


Yay! Gma and Gpa! 


A.Drama and I also made a stop at the orchard, I picked up some apple butter and pumpkin butter! 


It was nice to visit back home, even if it was super humid. I was glad to get back to my dry heat Arizona though! The little kitties missed me! 

2 comments:

  1. Really should have been a picture of Coco's.
    Did you leave kitties on their own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay open until November and I will have a pic of Coco's. I had a friend check in on the kitties

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...