Tuesday, August 26, 2014

10 Things: My First Visit Back to Small Town

This past weekend I had a short 4 day visit back home, my first since I have moved to Arizona. It was a little weird the things I noticed that AZ didn't have that Illinois does, or the things AZ has that Illinois doesn't.

Here's 10 things about my visit back home, stay tuned for a full trip recap! 




* Lightning bugs! AZ doesn't have any that I have seen, well really just bugs in general for the most part

* The Green-ness of the tree lined streets. AZ has palm trees for the most part lining the streets so the green is up high. Tree lined streets are nice

* Geese! I guess there aren't bodies of water all over AZ like there are in IL. A.drama and I went shopping and the little ponds were full of Geese! I've noticed ducks in AZ but not geese. {Correction: I saw geese today, so I guess you just don't see as many here?}

* Road kill. I saw more roadkill animals on the side of the road in one day than I have the whole time I've been in AZ.

* The character of the houses. Houses in Illinois just all have a unique look to them, I think it's the siding that gives them that look. AZ houses all have stucco and look the same for the most part.

* Bugs! IL has so many bugs, A.Drama's windshield was covered. Of course AZ has bugs but they are out in numbers. (which I'm glad of!)

* 2 lane interstates. Amature hour, I'm used to 3/4/5 lanes of traffic... my how my commute has changed.

* Combine tractor jams. I don't miss the highway being clogged with tractors and being unable to pass for miles.

*Humidity! My glasses would fog up every time I got out of the car or left the house... no thanks! 

* Cell service. I don't have to worry about dropped calls here in AZ. I was riding home with A.drama and remembered as the call was dropping out that there is a spot on the way home that I always have my calls dropped. Do not miss that one bit! 

Like I said, stop back later for my whole trip recap! 

1 comment:

  1. i never thought about the road kill. i wonder if it's bc IL is so broke, they can't afford to have it picked up right away, or if the critters just stay out of the city? probably both.
    and i detest tractor traffic jams

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...