Tuesday, August 12, 2014

NiBo's New Adventure

I don't think I've mentioned NiBo's grand adventure but he is currently away on his big new adventure. NiBo joined the US Army and left August 4th for boot camp in Georgia. We are all very very proud of him! 

I already miss him a lot, I'm used to getting several texts of silly pictures a day or something random that he has to show me. The radio silence is killing me! I hate not knowing what his day is like.... I'm sure it's a lot of hurry up, wait, then run. I can't say I'm envious of his current situation... all the yelling and screaming, and I'm in no shape to be running around Georgia in the middle of summer! 

Before he left there was a big send off of family, friends and neighbors. A.Drama even made him a great cake! I even made an appearance via FaceTime.. man ya gotta love technology! 


A couple days after he left small town, mom got the phone call about 1am from him that he had arrived safely. It will be awhile before we get to hear from him again. He won't have a lot of phone privileges, he'll have to earn those, but he does get to write home. I hope he writes good letters! I can't wait to hear all about it.

One of the nice things the families have is Facebook, they will post pictures throughout his training. Today we found the first picture of NiBo!! We were all so excited! (That's him on the right) Of course the little turd can rock the camo, and I swear that kid never takes a bad picture... ugh! 


I look forward to attending his graduation from boot camp later this fall. He will be in training for about 14 weeks I believe. I am so incredibly proud of my little bro, I can't even put it into words. I miss the little turd like crazy but can't wait to hear about all his adventures! I'll be sure to keep you guys as posted about him as I can!  

2 comments:

  1. Good for Nick. What's the name of his platoon's Facebook page so we can follow along? - MB

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...