Thursday, May 23, 2013

Opossum Mama

I said I would blog more, I didn't say they'd all be golden.

But on my way to work this morning I saw a waddley looking cat waddle its way across the road. As I approached this "cat" I realized it wasn't a cat at all but a big 'ol mama possum with a litter of little oppossi (plural of opossum?!) bummin a ride on her back. While I totally agree that giant hissing opossums are really the last thing you want to run into in a dark alley or late at night on your back porch, but baby opossum are adorable and even cuter when hitchin' a ride on mama's back. Kudos to mom for haulin like 6 or 7 of your children on your back. They are like the minivans of the animal kingdom. They are kind of hard to see here but please beg my pardon as I literally stopped in the middle of the road rolled down my window and snapped this shot. But google baby opossum they are adorbs. 

actual photo

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...