Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Books

I love reading books. It's so easy to get lost in another world when it comes to books, but I don't actually read all that many. Last night I opened this month's book club book, my pick, The Obituary Writer by Ann Hood and I couldn't put it down and read the whole thing, it was excellent! I won't go into detail about the book, I'll save that for after our meeting on Thursday, but I'm glad I picked this book, you should read it. How did I come across this book you may ask yourself, well Oprah told me I think, and I liked the cover. I'm pretty sure it was maybe on one of the must reads for a month or something.

But back to books in general. Books take up time to read, I appear to only like to read books at night, no clue why, but I always end up staying up way too late, just one more chapter I constantly negotiate with myself, then when I get to the end of that chapter, well, you just can't stop there either. I'm pretty sure it was like 1:30am before I went to bed last night. 

Since I've had my Nook, there have only been a handful of books where I've actually read the physical book. I do feel bad that I'm contributing to the demise of book stores and libraries, but I just love my Nook. I like having several books to choose from, they are usually cheaper and I don't have books collecting dust on book shelves. I think if I really really liked a book I would buy it to have a physical copy too, that should save the bookstores right? 

Anywho, books. I like to read. Anyone read anything good lately that they would like to share with the group?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...