Monday, November 12, 2012

Not Sew Fast

Sometimes I have to take a moment and be completely amazed by the ingenuity and evolution of human beings. Tonight in my Holiday sewing class as I struggled to, in a semi-coherent pattern, ladder stitch a 4" gap closed by hand, it struck me.... people used to completely sew ALL their close BY HAND! I'm about 50% capable of sewing a straight line with a machine. Just amazing. Any dress I would have made back in the day would have probably ended up looking like the scene out of Sleeping Beauty when the fairies don't use their magic.


Last week was the first week of holiday sewing, we made a rice neck wrap with lavender smells. Kinda hard to tell from the pic but basically it's sectioned off, filled with rice and sprinkled with lavender. Put in the microwave for 1-2 mins and boom! Heated neck wrap.



This week was the highly anticipated Nook cover, it required some hand sewing, for real how did people make entire dresses and beautiful quilts without machines? And this is literally a big rectangle, thank goodness for simple sew projects! 


Also I went and saw Skyfall, the new James Bond movie and it was AMAZING! I would go see it again it was that good, plus I heart Daniel Craig as James Bond :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...