Sunday, November 4, 2012

I've been Cozy, Cold and Busy?

I spent the better part of last weekend curled up in a blanket in sweatpants/sweatshirt (mostly because our furnace hadn't been working) and watched a better part of season 2 of Downton Abbey, if only I could have been a part of a British aristocratic family....But we've got some catching up to do and some random thoughts to get out there...

** A few weeks ago I went to the Found Footage Festival basically it's these two guys that go around to thrift shops and pick up old VHS tapes and people send them in to them too. They cut them together which equals hilarity. Think awkward 80's exercise videos, training videos entitled "don't shake hands with danger" and how to massage your opossum. Hilarity.


** I got my first Birchbox in the mail. If you aren't familiar with Birchbox, it's ok, I wasn't until a friend told me about it. For $10, you get a monthly mailbox surprise full of all kinds of beauty goodies. I like it because I get to try smaller sizes of things without wasting the money on a full size something you won't end up liking. My favorites this month was the Mox lip butter and the Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy La Fleur fragrance, loved! I've only gotten one box so far but I love it.



** Halloween has come and gone already. I carved pumpkins and dressed up like a nosy old lady. It was fantastic! 



** Tomorrow I start my Holiday Sewing class! For the next six Monday's I'll be making fabulous holiday gifts! 

** I went to Target today and bought things I didn't need. Why does Target do that to you? I haven't sent Christmas cards in years but felt compelled to buy and send them this year.

** Thanks. I just want to take a second to thank everyone who reads my blog and has ever left me a kind comment.You are all so supportive and some of you I've never even met. Your kind words are always appreciated and so thoughtful, thank you! 

** I'm fighting the urge to not break out the Christmas music, don't judge I know it's early. I just can't fight off the holiday spirit and everyone knows the best way to spread Christmas cheer 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...