Sunday, June 24, 2012

Feeling Accomplished While Being Lazy

I don't get out much but I've got a summer bucket list that I need to get working on so that requires a little resourcefulness. While I pretty much did nothing this whole weekend it was great, I also put a lot of thought into my summer bucket list. I have a few additions, ok I'm stealing a few The Frisky but they had some good ideas and it was just the kind of random fun list I had been looking for originally but couldn't come up with on my own. But it did inspire me to come up with a few of my own.

*Create a mini pool paradise Check!


yes it is completely possible and acceptable to create a new list item and immediately check it off. Creating my mini pool paradise was no easy feat and required some man hours searching for the perfect pool aka I had to drive around to like five different stores until I found the size I was looking for.  Finally I found it! I plan on spending many hours out here on the patio in my little corner of solitude. I feel much more accomplished and less like a spinster if I'm at least outside, even if I am doing the exact same thing that I would be doing inside. Slightly frustrating was the fact that after I got it all set up and filled the sun disappeared on me Saturday, bummed. But I did manage to get some sun while I was preparing it, I have the tan lines to prove it. With it's secluded from the public view placement I will be able to sit in the mini pool and read all summer, effectively killing two birds with one stone as I intended to add be outdoors as much as possible to the list. If nothing else just sitting outside listening to music with my feet in the water is enough to make me not feel like a complete loser sitting at home.

Today in an effort to get out of the house again NiBo and I went and saw Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. I really liked this movie, who knew ole Honest Abe was such a BA. This movie is based on a book by the same title, I have it on the Nook to possibly read this summer. I like the movie partly because as ridiculous as it seems that Abraham Lincoln was a vampire hunter, they story makes just enough sense as it ties in with actual events that it could just possibly be true.

Then the Taste of Champaign just happened to be going on today as well so after the movie we stopped by to get a taste and had a Back to the Future moment when we saw a Delorean.




And needless to say now that I've got my little Mini Pool Paradise set up I think I'm pretty set for this whole summer thing to get swinging. At least I'll be soaking up some vitamin D this summer looks like. I've already got more color on me than I did last year... still need to work on those pasty white legs. Bring on the sunshine!


Please note I am also on track to actually finish this months book club book prior to the night before our meeting... this is big. I may be finally getting my crap together! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...