Friday, July 8, 2011

Retail Therapy Makes Me Need Therapy

I'm sure everyone has been there at one time or another, you find yourself wearing the same things every week on a rotation and you know you need to buy new clothes. I reached that point, I needed to go shopping.

Being a size 00 and being able to try on everything in the stores it sometimes becomes such a daunting task that I've grown not very fond of shopping, but I dragged myself to the mall anyway. Drama (my sister's new blog name, self explanatory) has not 1 but 3 bridal showers this month so being the old maid.. ahem.. I mean Maid of Honor, I must be fashionable, so even more reason I needed to enhance the wardrobe a bit.

Luckily I hit the store at the best possible time, most stuff was 30-40% off (aka only look at those racks) AND it just happened to be what the sales lady referred to as a "splurge" party. If you had the stores credit card (yes I do) then you got 15% off your entire purchase INCLUDING all the sales stuff... awesome. They had a lot of cute things for my petite size so I had an armful already when my BFF the sales lady came back... she said you know hun, we are allowed to give one person 30% off their whole purchase if it's a larger purchase.. what did I hear? Must buy more!!

Entering the store around 5:45 I did not leave until 7:00. I HATE shopping, what is wrong with me?! Although I did find some cute things the bright fluorescent lights and full length mirror in the dressing room did little for my ego, that mirror does not show the fairest of them all, that is a harsh smack of reality right to the face.

Moral of this story. I think I've donegonelost my mind. I went shopping actually tried everything on, bought 2 pairs of jeans (my least favorite part of shopping), a dress (I don't wear dresses) and 10 other things. Only a few weren't on sale so I got 30% off and everything else I bought was 60-70% off.. talk about perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...