Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ah Memories

As I sit here in the library of my old college waiting for NiBo to be finished with his Freshman college Orientation I can't help but take a trip down memory lane....

Walking through the halls really does bring everything back, I miss being a college student and miss the good ol days.

I had a part-job and only real focus was school. I drove from home the 35 miles for my first year while I lived at home, then moved out the next year.... Freedom. I lived literally 3 blocks from school so I could sleep in late and get up 15 minutes before classes started (NiBo is in the same apartments, I think this will come in handy for him, considering our start this morning) life was just so much simpler and I kind of miss that time of my life.

My days are now full of the humdrum office life and 9-5 atmosphere. I don't get out much anymore and my social life is non-existent, although I do force myself out every once in awhile... like tonight.

Tonight is Armed Forces night in the big city's ballpark. NiBo, my dad (retired Navy) and myself will be taking in a lovely night at the ballpark this evening, I hope it's not too hot out, looks to be a nice night for a game.

Well it's official now NiBo is actually enrolled in classes and all ready to be a pre-med student in the Fall... I'm being texted as we speak to join him in line while he waits for his student ID. I'm outta here!

Update! It was a great night for a baseball game!! The weather was lovely the sun wasn't beating down on us and dad even won a door prize and had his name up on the big screen!! I like getting out to the ballpark it's small and not too many people, just the right size for my too-many-people-around paranoia that sometimes kicks in at bigger events.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...