Monday, July 4, 2011

The 4th of Awesomeness

Luckily I was able to recover from my mid-summer cold (seriously?!) and was able to partake in the festivities.

The annual parade stepped off at 1.. well 1:15ish we can't always be on time. Interestingly enough our big Fourth of July celebrations are held in an even smaller town 15 miles away, the hillbilly's and WT all burrow out of their holes and manage to get the car off it's blocks to congregate on the even-smaller-than-here city. (But they have a lake and fireworks are prettier over a lake) The parade is full of your typical small town delights, adorable kids with their bikes decorated, the family floats, every person in the district running for a state office, and lots and lots of tractors and every neighboring townships firetruck and ambulance (lord knows what would happen if their was a fire in a 20 mile radius on the 4th) The parade was about 45 minutes then everyone headed down to the pavilion by the lake where all the groups had yummy food, hello lemon shake up and funnel cakes.

After that it was back home to recover from the heat a bit and chill in the A/C. And don't worry folks, I stayed in the shade, no sunburns here! :)

Then a little bit later a wolfpack of three headed out on the bikes, and celebrated real freedom on the open road. It's so much more fun to ride with at least three... two is nice but three is better. We made a small town loop for about an hour then headed back just in time for fireworks.

I got to watch the fireworks at a friends house in the country with a perfect view over their big pond.  The lightening bugs were so pretty as their light showed through the corn as far as you could see and being away from the city lights the stars were so bright! Another benefit of having friends who live in the country.... lighting your own fireworks!

I seriously could not have asked for a more perfect and spontaneous day of awesomeness. It has been a really long time since I have had such a carefree fun day of nothing planned. Everything came together and I had a super wonderful day. This 4th was definately the best I've had in several years. Thanks to everyone who was apart of it.



PS to my GA followers from down south. I'm so sorry I missed you this trip up, I am very sad I didn't get to see you!! Guess I'll have to fly south for the winter to make it up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...