Sunday, July 24, 2011

Movies & More Movies

In an attempt to keep the heat at bay, we inadvertently turned the whole weekend into one big movie marathon. We even got gma & gpa out of the house too, which they didn't really protest, being in a house with no A/C and sitting in a movie theater helped our cause.

The first movie of the day was Captain America: The First Avenger. The movie was awesome! I love comic book movies so this had been on my list of movies to see for awhile now and it did not disspoint. If you check it out make sure you stay after the credits for a sneak peek preview of the Avengers trailer... sadly you'll have to wait a year to see it but I'm pumped anyway!

Not gonna lie sometimes my favorite part of the movie is the trailers before. I love to see what's coming up. This time around the movie I thought looked the best was Three Muskateers... check out the trailer online, it looks good.

After the movie, oh yeah we made my dad come with us too! We headed off to Bdubs for dinner, then we were off to our next movie. A $5 deal at the historic theatre in the city... Breakfast at Tiffany's!! It's always fun to see classic movies on the big screen, obviously I had never had the chance to see it. I've seen this movie tons of times and I love Audrey Hepburn so it's in my DVD collection. Sitting there it's hard to believe that this movie is 50 years old, it was released in 1961. Even dad enjoyed the relaxation, he had seen parts of it but never saw the whole thing.

NiBo just texted me and asked if I would like to accompany him to his guitar lessons and go see a movie... and day 2! NiBo missed out on the movie adventures because he had to work yesterday. His Friday and Saturday evening were spent in the heat. He was asked to be in the band for the local Children's summer play and was sweating it out. Sounds like everything went well, his first paying guitar gig!

Sounds like we will either be seeing Captain America again or the final Harry Potter movie... he's buying so I'll see either ;)

Glad to see the rain came though, gma said we got 1/4" so far and it cooled it off a bit, finally. After this week I've changed my mind about living down south, and have instead decided I may need to move to the Great White North aka Canada. I'd much rather enjoy the cool temps and layered clothing (it hides the rolls) to the need to shed layers and sweat to death.

Hope you all kept cool this weekend too, enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...