Thursday, August 22, 2013

Throw Back Thursday: Back to School

In honor of back to school week here's a few throwback school pictures for ya... can you find a mini-Heather in these pictures? 


Preschool 

Kindergarten

2nd Grade

5th Grade


Back to school shopping used to be my favorite. I loved picking out new pens and folders, and a new five star single subject, college ruled one subject notebook with the perforated tear lines and the folder inside that was actually big enough to store your papers. Ah memories.... I was a weird kid, I loved office supplies and I still kinda do, post-it's are my favorite. (and not the cheap knock-off brand, they just don't stick like a real post it)

Now back to school time means 2 things. 1- college kids are back in town. Yuck. and 2- It's safe to go outside to any public space and not have screaming annoying children running around.

Mostly though it just means that the summer is ending and will be fading into fall soon (though you couldn't tell from the outside temps, 90's NO THANK YOU) It makes me miss summer vacations and how long the summers used to seem. Now they are over in the blink of an eye or thanks to a real grown up job, Summer just means air conditioning season. They need to give grown ups Summer vacations, I bet people would be a lot happier! 

Happy Thursday, you've almost made it to the weekend again. Good job you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...