Sunday, August 25, 2013

The World's End and Putt Putt



I seriously thought fall was upon us. I already miss sleeping with my windows open rather than having the a/c rattling in the window. The weather this week promised to be a heat wave, this always happens when school starts. Blah.

To escape the heat for a bit this morning NiBo and I headed to the air conditioned comfort of the movie theatre. We saw The World's End, starting Simon Pegg. If you don't like his other movies, Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, you probably won't like this one either. I rather enjoyed it. I'm a huge fan of Sunday early afternoon movies, mostly because I can't stand the annoying people who fill the theater on a Friday or Saturday night, I like to have my space. 

This movie had slight technical difficulties at the start and was froze on a screen for several minutes. Rather than sitting quietly like one really should in a movie setting, after alerting the appropriate people, some people decided that it was a good time to talk out loud and make stupid jokes to themselves. Call me old fashioned but I think you should still keep your conversations to a low minimum. I shouldn't be able to hear you from all the way in the back. Some people just don't have manners. 

After the movie on a whim we decided two rounds of putt-putt golf was needed. Man oh man was it a warm one out there and no shade to boot. Two rounds was a bit ambitious and the 2nd round seemed like a speed round. We tied for wins at a round a piece. And a shout out to the lady who thought we needed a picture together and insisted on taking our picture or the last pic of us wouldn't have existed.







Two days out in the sun for this weekend equals lots of nap time this weekend too. Being in the sun sure will wear you out. My face is a bit red on top of red, but it's calmed down a bit. Alas, another Monday is at the front door again. Hope you had a great weekend too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...