Monday, August 8, 2011

Somebody Grab Toto

Tornado sirens screaming was not the way I wanted to be awaken from my nap. Yes I take naps sometimes, if you don't you totally should. So I hear the sirens kind of half ass going off, I look outside and sunshine, seriously not a drop of rain was received here at North of 10th, and we could have used it. The sirens went off like 3 more times, everything went north of us, all that drama for nothing.

Next order of business, the best of reality television guilty pleasure known as bachelor Pad has returned. This show is the biggest glob of backstabbing, man tears, bleached blonde, fakefest I have ever seen and I couldn't be more excited that it is back. These girls are ridiculous. My favorite part are the girls who have come back for yet another round, hoping that this time they will find love... again, on the same reality show, amazing. AND as if it couldn't get any better, Jake and Vienna sausage are back in the same house. I cannot wait to see how this all unfolds.

I think everyone has a list of websites that they check on a daily basis. I've grown quite fond of checking CNN.com and I ran across this article the other day http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/web/08/04/snail.mail.email/index.html    in a nutshell, the article basically talks about how no one actually sits down and really writes a handwritten letter anymore. Most everything is in electronic font. Think about it too, how often do you even see your own handwriting anymore? I've become quite fond of post-it notes lately so I write here and there. But I thought it was such a cute idea, a group of volunteers take emails and turn them into snail mail letters, because really what is more fun than getting a real piece of mail, anything other than bills is much appreciated.

So I thought it would be fun to challenge you all to write a good old fashioned snail mail letter to someone. Write your mom or your best friend, send a letter of thanks to a soldier overseas or send your favorite teacher a letter of thanks. Buy some cute stationary and a pretty pen and write a letter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...