Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Let's Play a Game!

It's called how much can you jampack into three weeks?! Well here's what we are going to try. This week I'm working 7-7 OT to make some extra money and Saturday is Drama's Bachelorette party in Chicago. The following Saturday is the wedding then, September 1st I am taking my very first plane ride ever to..... Germany for 12 days, a much needed vacation.

Yes, you read that right. GERMANY, the land of my ancestors. I will also be making an appearance in Salzburg, Austria which is where the sound of music was filmed. I will get to see if indeed the hills are alive with the sound of music.

Other stops on the 2011 European tour include our home base in Schweinfurt, overnight stay in Munich, a visit to Rothenburg and several other cities surrounding home base... a lot of burgs.

My passport arrived yesterday so I am all officially ready to fly. So let's think about this, my first flight will be a 9 hour direct flight from Chicago to Frankfurt on a Boeing 777 airplane. Go big or go home! Bucketlist items will be crossed off like nobody's business. Already complete 1-Get a passport. Other items to be crossed off visit a foreign country, take a plane trip. etc etc. Not one but TWO countries will be visited. I am so excited that I really can't even think about it just yet, wedding first then Germany. Even more exciting that it will be Fall over there with crisp temperatures hoovering around 70's during the day, PERFECT! time of year.

We will just miss Oktoberfest but I'm not too sad, although it would be fun to say I'd been there, the thought of 6 million people makes me less enthusiastic about it. There are however tons of wine festivals going on so maybe we'll have a chance to hit up one of those, I have never been to a festival so that could be another bucket list item off! So much to do, so little time!! I should probably start to think about stuff to pack!! Here's a few places I hope to see up close in person during my travels...

Cologne Cathederal

Neuschwanstein Castle

You will most definately have to make sure you check back here in September to here all about it first! Guten Nacht! 

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Heather! I'm glad you're finally taking a trip, though I'm surprised it's not to Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brave thing to do! Very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont forget my key ring

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...