Sunday, November 3, 2013

Wicked Chicago

Day 2 of the busy weekend is done and in the books. A.drama, mom and I headed up north to the big city today for Broadway in Chicago to see Wicked at the Oriental Theater.

Luckily this was a bus trip through work and we got to let someone else do the driving this time around. Our buses left about 9am and we reached Chicago about 11, and our play was at 2 so we had a little bit of time on our own for lunch and window shopping.

We were dropped off near the theater which is near Macy's, so we strolled on over. It's Christmas time in the city already. Mom had heard on the news that they had just lit the big Christmas tree at Macy's so we decided to go on a tree hunt. The outside of Macy's was all decked out in all it's holiday glory, with all the windows decorated with their moving window displays.


Head up to the 9th floor and you'll get a lovely view of the Walnut room (which I didn't know existed) and you'll see the big ol' Christmas tree (which I also did not know existed) I had to take a panoramic picture to get the whole thing in one shot! I just can't come to terms with the fact that it is now November and Christmas is just a short month and a half away.


Then we headed over to Panera for some yummy soup and a sandwich and then made a pit stop at one of the Chicago souvenir shops for a postcard run. We found some great Chicago ones to send out for Postcrossing around the globe.

Then it was time to hear the untold story of the witches of Oz.






The musical was great! It's on the second one I've seen, both have been at the Oriental theater. I noticed they had a play coming later in November called "Rudolph" based on the movie. 

It's been a busy weekend and I'm pooped. I still have some fun things up my sleeve for later this month, but the next fun thing comes on Wednesday! You'll have to stay tuned to find out what it is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...