Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I Read It Somewhere: Humans of New York

Welcome to a new blog segment I'm calling 'I Read it Somewhere' In this segment I will share news stories and fun little blips I read about, well, somewhere. 

I've noticed more and more lately that there are things I read about and would like to share with you all, because once I know something it's fun to share (I'm pretty sure I've hooked OL on a few things now and again) But as of late the only thing my Facebook has is stories I've read somewhere and shared on my page, oh and also things like "I was not emotionally prepared for this episode #soa" or something like "o m g" because really can we just have a moment for the amazingness that was last night's Sons of Anarchy?HOLY MOLY... but I digress... back to my I read it somewhere. 

So here is my first 'I read it somewhere' that I would like to share, Humans of New York.


I'm pretty sure I read about this on CNN (it's one of my daily check websites) but what is Humans of New York you're asking. Humans of New York or HONY, is a project by photographer Brandon Stanton. It started out as idea to create a visual census of New York with humble beginnings as a blog showcasing just the pictures, http://www.humansofnewyork.com, then it developed into something more, he began collecting quotes and stories about the subjects of his photographs and HONY took on a whole new feel.

He now has a book out the shows off 400 photos in a hardback edition. I bought this book at Barnes and Noble and love flipping through the pages. I like photography books like this, it's awesome to read the stores and quotes of people that he basically just met on the street. It really drives home the reminder that everyone has a story, and this is a great way to see that presented in beautiful photographs. You definitely need to check this out. Be sure to check out the Humans of New York Facebook page so you can get all the stories and photographs right in your news feed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...