Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The First Snow


If you follow from a warmer climate you might be surprised to know that here in Central Illinois we've already had our first snow. Now the old wives day that the day of the first snow that you can track a cat, that is how many snow's you will have that winter, though technically it's not even winter yet so I wonder if this will hold true? But according to this we will have 11 snows. OL has already marked her calendar to keep track, this may be the first year that the 'track a cat' part hasn't been disputed. I'm can promise you can track a cat because I'm pretty sure there was a creature, not a cat, that took up residence on our porch last night, I'm guessing it was a raccoon or an opossum.

I'm especially happy that our furnace was finally fixed yesterday too, just in time for the first snow. We have radiators throughout our house and there was a malfunction with a water valve and the part was on order for over a week, luckily I don't mind sleeping a little cold. I made sure to bundle up in my sweatpants and a couple blankets. I actually had to shed some layers last night! Today I'm thankful for warmth and heating. Keep warm my fellow Illinoisans! 


Update: it appears I spoke too soon, our furnace is out again, water all over the basement, I'm in for another cold night! 

1 comment:

  1. I hope your furnace is fixed before the really cold weather...although when I see snow to me that is already really cold!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...