Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Country Drive Sky



While driving home last night, it was a little bit later than usual. OL and I had joined some friends at our annual Fall Festival dinner at the park. This time of year is by far my favorite, windows down letting the wind blow through your hair and jammin out to the radio. Almost every farm you pass has combines going in the fields. There is just such a unique feeling in the air that only happens in the fall. 

I had to take a slight detour last night coming into town as a grain wagon had tipped over and the road was blocked while they were scooping up all the grain that had spilled. Luckily this detour gave me a minute to see the sky filled with the most beautiful colors as the sun slipped away to bed just beneath the horizon. The crescent moon with it's neighboring planet filled the night sky with a soft twinkly glow, and the phone couldn't even capture it all in the picture. These little moments, like taking in an Autumn sunset on a country drive home, are the snapshots of life that I hope I never take for granted.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...