Monday, February 11, 2013

The Birthday I Gained My Age in Pounds


Holy sweets and foods batman! This birthday was my 27th, and I think I gained 27lbs, not kidding! It has been a busy birthday weekend and I am pooped! I even kind of did an around the world food tour for my birthday.

Thursday: My friends are moving to Hawaii. I know how terrible for them, so we had a going away/Heather's birthday dinner at the Mexican restaurant. They were made aware of my birthday and I had to wear a sombrero, but there was free dessert.

Friday: February 8th! The real deal, as of 7:29am I am officially 27.  Holy moly sweets. There were donuts, cookies, cupcakes and MONKEY BREAD! Lunch out was a slight disaster but we made it work (stupid Panera and your redic lines, but BK is there) Then after work I got my haircut (hello layers) and then we had Chinese (I was mad craving some eggrolls) I was then serenaded by the man who clears the tables and boxes up your food (um amazing voice, everyone stared) but there was free desert ;) (are you keeping up with how the lbs can really add up?!)

Look at the beautiful tulips from OL :D

A.Drama really knows how to decorate a cake! 

Saturday: I worked all day then had a dinner date, pizza, more food..yum, with some friends and then we went bowling. I suck at bowling but man it is a cheap and entertaining way to spend your evening with friends. NiBo was present too, he took the pic. Then it was back home for a little TV and off to bed, early morning headed to Chi!!


Sunday: Birthday weekend tradition. Head to Chicago for the Auto Show! We made a pit stop in Page Turner land for some 50's style breakfast and then headed up 55 to McCormick Place. Luckily we didn't get lost and traffic wasn't too bad on the way up or back. Gpa couldn't go but wanted us to make sure we picked up brochures for him to check out. I checked out all the cars that are on my possibly buy list and narrowed it down to just a few. I have a few months to research and talk myself out of it. But we had a great day! NiBo ran into a few rodents while were at the Kia booth, luckily they were kind enough to pose for a picture. We did quite a bit of walking around so hopefully that helped to shed some of the monkey bread and donuts away.




The new 2014 Corvette Stingray



I don't feel any wiser and luckily didn't go grey or wrinkly overnight. I look forward to what the rest of the year brings, hopefully some nice changes that have been long over due for such a nice lady such as myself.

Just a shout out to everyone who wished me a happy birthday or helped to make my day special. And thanks to you blog reader for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting that you were at the 50's place. All the murals were done by Warhol.
    You had an awesome birthday, it was a long celebration! Page Turner

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...