Saturday, March 28, 2015

We've Been Here Before


Now that I've been in Arizona for a year now and have settled into a relatively normal pattern, it's time to focus. Focus on me and my health. I've done weight watchers two other times (3rd times the charm right?!) and I've had success with it then, as long as I was following the plan anyway. 

So here I am again. Last Saturday I joined my local Weight Watchers, I attended the 9am meeting, which is nice, not too early, not too late, and gets me out of bed on a Saturday! I was also able to replicate getting out of bed early for a second Saturday and made it to my meeting again this morning! It always seems a bit weird to go to the meetings, I imagine it's a lot like what an AA meeting would be like. We are all there for the same reason, food, but at the same time it's nice to know you aren't alone in the struggle. There are people from every walks of life and a varying group of ages. I am happy to report that after my first week, I am down -3.4lbs. (I would like to lose about 60lbs so that I am back into a healthy BMI range) Slowly but surely I will get there.

It's funny because since I've joined before and had all the materials, I kept telling myself, oh I can do this on my own and not have to pay for it etc etc. But it never stuck. I always succeed the best when I go to the meetings. I'll sometimes just remember in my head how many points the foods I've eaten were, but this time I am determined to physically write it down, it's not going to be easy but I'm all in this time.

The hardest part for me is deciding what to eat. It can seem overwhelming. I bought a nice planning calendar and plan on planning out my meals for the week and going to the store on the weekends and buying for the week. I won't lie, this will be the hard part. I might slip sometimes but I truly want to get my weight down so I look and feel better for myself. I'll search all the sites, pinterest and go into the cookbook archives to find good meals that I can make in a fairly quick amount of time.

Be prepared, this may turn into a what is Heather eating for dinner tonight blog. I've already had to fight the urge to not just order Papa John's pizza several times. (they have like 50% off every day or so, it's hard not to just order for a quick delivered meal) First step is the food, next step is the exercise, and that whole Planet Fitness membership I pay for but have yet to use... for shame Heather... for shame. I know... baby steps right?!

Wish me luck! Weight Watchers friendly recipes are always welcome! Feel free to email me any that you have tried and love! 

3 comments:

  1. Go Heather! Skinny Taste and Dashing Dish are a couple of good website for healthy recipes. You've got this, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. The grocery shopping is the toughest part!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...