Sunday, June 8, 2014

Phoenix Comicon 2014!


Phoenix Comicon was a blast!! Tulip and I had such a great time, we decided next time we are totally dressing up! Our morning started early about 7am so we could take the light rail which was perfect timing for us to get there right when registration started for us to pick up our badges.


Here we are looking adorable in our comicon approved shirts, I in my wolverine shirt and Tulip in her Dr. Who shirt! We had some time waiting in line for our first photo op with Nathan Fillion! (you may know him from shows like Firefly and Castle)


Though it was a very short time we spent together he was very nice, and just as handsome in person... just look at that scruff he's got going on..... ahhh... and yes I'm smiling like an idiot. I was so afraid of blinking! 


I wish I would have taken more pictures to share with you of all the costumes that people had. They ranged from my blind neighbor down the street could do that to holy crap that's amazing. This scarecrow guy was very creepy, but it's always funny to catch them doing normal stuff like looking through the programming guide or trying to take a picture and your adamantium claws keep getting in the way, which was the problem Wolverine was having in the picture below.




This was the view as we were coming down the escalator to the exhibitor floor, lots of superheroes and villains in that there picture. 


My favorite part of the whole con was the panels! The panels took place in the huge ballroom of the convention center and thankfully they had big screens set up so the people in the back could see too.



Our first panel was John Barrowman... who is HILARIOUS! This was by far the best panel we went to. I didn't know him from anything but this was Tulip's man and she said I would not be disappointed, and man was she right! He is known for his roles on Arrow and Dr. Who. Seriously so funny and energetic and totally unpredictable, you never know what will come out of his mouth lol. 


Our next panel was Bruce Campbell, who I grew up watching in The Adventures of Brisco County Jr, but he's been in a ton of stuff including most recently Burn Notice. I wasn't terribly impressed with this Bruce during this panel. Maybe I just wasn't in the know, but his style gave the impression that he didn't want to be there really and he took very little questions and the ones he did take, he often went off on a tangent and kind of insulted the question itself.. just was night and day after seeing John's panel. Maybe he's a nice guy but I didn't really get that from this.  


And then finally just in time I made it to Nathan Fillion's panel (Tulip had her photo op with John Barrowman so she missed this one) I'm so glad I got to get in on this one, Nathan was very friendly to all the questions and seemed genuinely happy to be there and be around his fans! 



As we ended the day, I went back in time, or back to the future I should say! Oliver and Terri Holler build their very own time machine and travel the country with their group To the Future to raise money for The Michael J Fox Foundation. For a donation (with 100% going towards the Michael J Fox Foundation) you could get your picture taken inside the Delorean, and I couldn't resist the opportunity, I've always wanted a Delorean! They did an amazing job with their time machine, it was very cool to see the inside! 




It was awesome! 

Our next goal is to hit up the real deal San Diego's International Comicon, which we'll have to wait until next year for, this year is already sold out! I didn't end up buying anything from the exhibitor's but that isn't to say there wasn't a TON of stuff that you could buy! However, Tulip knowing me so well in the short time we've known each other found me the perfect gift...


She knows I love Loki (Tom Hiddleston) and that I do like my cats, so mix the two and you get a Loki Cat! I love her! 

I would like to give a shout-out to whoever invented air conditioning, because without it in that giant building with that many people we probably would have melted. Our day ended, by walking outside, with what seemed like everyone else who was inside to hop on the light rail back to the car. It was so crowded that we had to stand, next to one of Dr. Who's weeping angels to boot. By time we got to the end of our 10 stops, motion sickness and heat and being crammed onto public transportation like sardines, I felt sick. As soon as we got off at our stop we were given fliers to a Rap battle, being put on by a church so that we could get to know our savior Jesus Christ, an odd combination. I'm not sure JC was down with the rap scene, but whatever works for ya, we respectfully declined. We had subway for dinner and I went to bed early and slept most of today! I was behind on my sleeping in with so many fun things to do on the weekends!  12 more days until the siblings arrive!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...