Sunday, June 15, 2014

10 Things: Life in the Desert



It's been a slow week since the excitement of Comicon last weekend, so there hasn't been much to share. I spent the weekend cleaning up getting ready for the siblings to come FRIDAY! I am so excited they are coming! I even took myself out of doors to go grocery shopping! I tried my hand at making the very first ever batch of Heather homemade guacamole.... it wasn't too terrible. A lot of prep that goes into it, I ate the whole thing for dinner. 

As the mercury continues to climb here in Arizona here some more Life in the Desert observations...

* A simple trip to the store in the evening will require a full wardrobe change when you get home, from all the sweating

* Get used to swamp butt 

* There is no cold water from the faucet during the summer (at least at my house) They have water heaters but do they have water coolers?

* This photo is entirely accurate: 



* 'Monsoon' season began today, don't worry I'll let ya know as soon as it monsoons

* The average daily temperature will not drop down to the double digits (and by double digits I mean 99°F) until mid September

* The high/low here for Saturday is 105°/76°F, that is the day we shall be travelling to the Grand Canyon... high/low temp there 78°/44°F [I'll need to bring a light jacket!]

* My weekend goals include staying inside and out of the sun as much as possible. Dr. Who has helped me make that dream come true

* It really is a different kind of heat. I'd rather have my head in an oven every day over the humidity back home.

* Oh, and Happy Father's Day dad... sorry I wasn't there to celebrate with you! 





1 comment:

  1. Easy-to-make guacamole: Mash up an avocado. Stir in store-bought salsa.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...