Monday, February 10, 2014

The Topic of Conversation Lately

Oddly there has been much conversation about my motorcycle lately. I can't very well have a blog name of 'Easy Rider' and be without can I? 

I've heard everything from "but your a girl" to "it's a big city" as to why I shouldn't take my motorcycle with me. While I have thought much about it myself, it's amazing how much other people have thought about it too.

The great company I work for will pay to ship my bike, so of course I'll take it. My thought on this initially is it will be great for a commute, it's literally like 300 days of sunshine year round and if nothing else, it might be a better market to sell it out there. 

This brings us to the question where will I keep it? Not having a house in this case will be a downfall. Several people have said it will get stolen (ok well I have insurance, and also hope I find a place in a neighborhood that won't steal my bike) I'm hoping to find an apartment or condo with a garage then that problem is solved.

Will I ride it much at first? Well honestly probably not, I'd like to get the lay of the land before I venture out on the bike (which I will do at some point) but how freakin sweet would it be to ride a motorcycle across the Hoover Dam or around the Grand Canyon?!

My bike is just one of those things no matter what, even though I've contemplated it, I just can't bring myself to get rid of it. It means so much more to me than just a mode of transportation. There is something uniquely interesting about a girl who can ride a motorcycle and it's just become part of my identity. I hope it can be used as a mode of introduction as well, there are about four or five Harley dealers in the great Phoenix area all with HOG chapters, which would be a good way to meet new people. 

2 comments:

  1. Living in a sunshine state without your bike? Crazy. It must go.
    Page Turner

    ReplyDelete
  2. for real! and your bare minimum of selling it out here, couldn't be more true. This is the stolen car capital... well, next to San Diego area, and yet, i do not know a single person who has had their car stolen here. do not stress over that! there are absolutley beautiful rides everywhere here! you know, once upon a time, i had a motorcycle license and a bike too. :) - Arizona

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...