Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I Read it Somewhere: Eleanor Roosevelt


I'm in that weird stage at work. I have a few weeks left in my current job and have already checked out kinda mentally. I guess it's more ADD than checked out per say. I still put forth a quality work product, it's just not nearly as productive as it could be.

But emails have started rolling in from my new boss with updates about my new job. Most of the emails have been about training sessions that I have been signed up for and curriculum that has been added to my course listing, today's email was asking if we needed new mouse pads as they were placing an order. Yes I could use a new mouse pad, something that never gets asked in my current position.

Anywho, at work when you get an email you can usually see everyone that it was sent to. Slowly people have started to update pictures on their email profile so when I get an email from the new department I like to take a look and see if my new coworkers are hideous or not... I kid. Just trying to familiarize faces. But on your profile you can also add a "what are you up to" status (it's basically a Facebook for work) most people use this space to add a quote or something funny. One of the girls had this quote from Eleanor Roosevelt.

 " Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have no security unless you can live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively, unless you can choose a challenge instead of a competence. "
~ Eleanor Roosevelt"

I like this quote. I think it just stood out to me because the word 'adventure' just stands out more these days. After I read this quote I was quickly sucked down the internet rabbit hole searching for more of Mrs. Roosevelt's wisdom. 

“The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

“We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt


“Friends, you and me... you brought another friend... and then there were three... we started our group... our circle of friends... and like that circle... there is no beginning or end.”
~ Eleanor Roosevelt

3 comments:

  1. The last quote was my favorite!! Any hot guys on those e-mails?
    Page Turner

    ReplyDelete
  2. i acutally love what you are currently reading.
    -AZ

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...