Monday, December 5, 2011

Month Long Blogcation

Well after about a month off from blogging and about a month of pinning on Pinterest and one batch of amazing cake batter pudding cookies, I'm back. It hasn't been a very blog worthy or exciting month. Haven't really done much other that work watch a lot of tv and rot my brain on the internet. But this weekend I was able to get out of the house a wee bit and get a few things done.

I was happy that December granted us a decently warm day with a high around 55 I was able to finally get the bike ready for the winter. I was looking for it to be a quick little production with a brief ride around town and a stop for gas and I'd be on my way home... if only things were that simple. When I shut it off while I got gas and went to start back up and click click, dead battery. Apparently it had been a bit longer since I had the bike out than originally thought. So my awesome brother and dad came and I had the first experience of push starting a bike.


After we got that all settled and done we headed off the air museum to hear a real Navy Topgun instructor talk about his time as an instructor and a few behind the scenes stories of the making of the movie Top Gun, Dave 'Bio' Baranek along with some of his fellow instructors did the flying scenes in the movie. He was also there promoting his book with stories from his Navy days. It was actually really cool to hear him talk about the movie and some of his stories and his F14 fly days even telling us about one time when he had to eject as his plane was going over the edge of the carrier. His book Topgun Days and his website www.topgunbio.com has great pictures and stories as well, worth taking a look if you're interested in any of that stuff.

I thought it might rain but luckily it held off all but a few sprinkles so we were able to watch the annual lighted Holiday parade in GC. I love this time of year because all the trees downtown have pretty white lights on them and it just helps you get in the Christmas mood.

The last couple of month's haven't been the easiest and I"m happy that this year is finally winding down. I'm ready for 2012 hopefully a leap year will bring me some luck.

I'll try not to stay away so long again. Hope you've waited it out and are excited to read some new bloggin! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...