Monday, May 9, 2011

"You Don't Like People Touching Your Feet Do You?"

Was not a question I expected to hear today. Backstory I have a bump on my foot that hurts, yes it only appeared Saturday but you walk on your feet and I googled, and foot pain of any kind is not normal. So off to the foot doctor I go, an unexpected last minute addition to my day, thank the lord I shaved my legs this morning.

Having never been to the foot doctor before I wasn't really prepared for the huge magnifying glass with a bright light attached to it to inspect my feet. I'm not normally self conscious about my feet but when you're in a chair reclined so they are there in all their unpedicured glory you start to think about them a little more. I was also not expecting the doctor to be a younger fellow either, I did however expect all the old people in the waiting room, that's just par for the course. So after I stated that my primary shoe choice was cowboy boots and showed my country bumpkin-ness fashion sense, the doc took a look. Apparently I wasn't relaxed hence the "You don't like people touching your feet do you" question.... how do you answer that?! After I lost the deer in the headlight look all I could mutter was well people don't usually touch my feet?!

After the akwardness, I needed an xray. Wondering to myself if I need to put my shoes back on or at least my socks, the nurse popped in with these little hospital booties to put on my feet "I don't want you to step on a toenail or something" gross! Then all I could think of was you know how bars throw peanuts on the ground, well all I could picture was toenails like that.... gross gross gross!

I don't know what the lesson to be learned from this visit was but I hope that foot doctors get paid very good money, because there are some janky looking feet out there. And do we really need to decorate the office with pictures of feet, sure they were some cute baby feet, but you don't see other specialty doctors decorating their offices with their primary practice displayed on the wall... I mean think about it, there are some things we don't need to see on the wall of the examination room.

3 comments:

  1. I have to wait until I get to work to find out what was wrong with your foot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't know, gave me an anti-inflamatory and go back in two weeks, if the bumps still there they will do an MRI and go from there. :/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...