Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I Don't Like People (A Venting Post)

Ok not necessarily all the people, just most of the people I know. NiBo is graduating (in case you didn't get that from the several posts filled with NiBo seniorism) and on Sunday I had the snorworthy privilege of attending Baccalaureate. I'm not going to lie, I don't really understand the whole point behind Baccalaureate but anywho. I think I've mentioned this before but people from my high school/town are rude. You'd think coming from a town of 3400 people would be nicer and at least acknowledge that you exist.

As I was making my way to the cake and punch at Baccalaureate I crossed paths with a teacher from high school, she taught Geometry (ugh) she was the student council advisor (I was on student council), you were the leader for Interact (I was president for 2 years) you know me, so why did you barely make eye contact and force a hello?

Living in said small town most people will leave to find jobs in the big town. I see you in the halls we went to high school together there was like 200 people in our whole high school, you know me or at least recognize my face (unless I've gained that much weight, in which case I should exercise), can't you muster a hey how are you?

Since your lucky to even have a job, why do you sit and surf the internet all day why others are working 7-7 (yes the money is nice) but if I'm the only person working why bother?

Why are you a grown ass adult and still act like we are in high school and tattle and think the whole world is out to get you?

Why can't you give a slight lift to your left hand to signal that you are going to cut in front of me then slam on your breaks because apparently you forgot how to drive?

Why can't you predict whether or not it is actually going to rain on any given day? I'd like to ride my motorcycle without the looming threat of severe storms that never appear.

Why can't you step up and do your job, you know that thing your supposed to know how to do and get paid for, instead of relying on others under your paygrade?

Why can't you right-click, copy, save-as your own files?

Why can't I find the motivation to get started with something?

Mostly why can't you grow up?

If any of these sound like they apply to you, it's merely coincidence and you have a guilty conscience, in which case I'd like an explanation to the question.

To feng shui this post, here are things I'm not angry and questioning.

Thank you Amazon for having Lady Gaga's new album for 0.99 and automatically downloading it to my itunes so I don't have to figure that out.

Thank you ipod for staying charged and holding my favorite songs safe so I can turn it up and tune out at work.

Thank you quotes for finding your way into my life at just the right time.

Thank you all for reading my blog, some days are better than others, thanks for toughing it out.

6 comments:

  1. You need a gratitude journal. Good thing we are reading The Happiness Project next month. Here comes the sun, here comes the sun.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old people think alike, I was going to ask you to list 3 things you are grateful for today. I started the Happiness Project...love it.... and ilu Easy Rider. Oh btw, I would rather just have 1000 pieces of New Mail rather than start my own files.......ha...go get a blizzard....
    and SMILE...................OL

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, i am so sad that i waited this long to read this....but i love it. Thanks for sharing, one good things is, the 3 comments on here are the ones that understand the most and go thru it with you (well most of it anyway) cheer up buttercup, easyrider will be back out on the open ride, sooner then later. and then you can let the wind just take your troubles away. tt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anonymous... Please explain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Anonymous, why don't you grow up. I mean, who does that. If you don't like what you read, then don't f'n read it. Move on. Turn the page. And maybe take your own advise....And if you weren't such chicken, you should have signed your name to that lame a$$ comment. TT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...