Monday, December 27, 2010

The Gift That Keeps On Giving


First day back to work after a holiday off is always a little rough. Having to be up at 5 in order to be at work at 7 is a little rougher too. But our office motto is No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, show up! and show up I did. To make it even better I had a present waiting for me from 'Old Lady' when I got there. The perfect gift!

Work sucks and I thought to make it a little easier I could maybe talk the boss man into letting me have a fish if I was careful. Apparently it's against some company policy so that was shut down before it started. Then I wanted to have some sea monkeys but anything "alive" is frowned upon. Sadness. All I wanted to do was put a little joy in working for the man. No such luck.

'Old Lady' remembered this conversation and found me the perfect solution. A desktop Aquarium! A beautiful sunken shipwreck background creates the perfect ambiance for my little fake fish friends. They are magnetic and have a magic wand that makes them move about their aquatic wonderland. People are jealous, it's understandable. It is awesome. Thanks OL! I'm taking suggestions for names for my new little friends.

and a BIG Thank You to everyone else who gave me a great gift this Holiday Season. Get ready to gear up for 2011, it's going to be a good one! (hopefully)

1 comment:

  1. Luckily the department is able to suck the soul out of all of us. So no "live" things are at the desks. I will try to get over and see your new tank today. Unfortunately, like a Nomad or a Gypsy I am packing for another move.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...