Thursday, March 9, 2017

Seven Years Ago on a Tuesday

Tuesday March 2nd is an important day in North of 10th history. Seven years ago this little blog came to be. I find it fitting that on the month of its seventh anniversary I'm back. 2016 saw only 5 sad little updates to the blog and that is not going to happen again starting now. I think I initially began the blog as an escape from my every day and sadly I find myself needing an escape once again. 

September 1st of last year I found out the job that I had moved to Arizona for, a job that I came to love so much, was being eliminated due to a reorganization at my company. The great thing about the company I work for is that a job being eliminated does not mean you are no longer with the company, it just means you have to post for a new opportunity within the company. At first I was bummed, but tried to remain optimistic knowing that this could end up meaning a promotion for me. December 5th, just three months after I first learned my position was going away, I was starting my new job in the company in our claims area. We had about a month of training before going 'live' on the phones and it the work queues.

Here I am about three months into this new position and I already feel off. I can't quite put my finger on what exactly it is. But I can tell that this job is not inspiring me and using the skills I had become so accustomed to in my previous position as a new hire trainer. I should be happy this is a promotion for me and a great opportunity for me to advance in the company but it's not turning out to be the happy occasion I had hoped it would be. 

So yet again I find myself in need of distraction and inspiration. I hope those that followed me since the beginning and the new followers who I picked up along the way will once again join in this crazy little life of mine here at North of 10th. 

For those curious to see what the very first post was like all those years ago... click here for a little blast from the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...