Monday, November 10, 2014

Sunday: Progressive International Motorcycle Show

I told you it was a busy weekend! This past weekend the Progressive International Motorcycle Show was in town. Usually this show coincides with the Chicago Auto Show back home and usually happens in February which in Illinois is in the middle of winter! Both happen around my birthday and several years it's been a birthday day trip to Chicago, back in 2012 we went to both the car show AND the motorcycle show in the same day! 



Unlike having a motorcycle show in the middle of Illinois winter, when you have a motorcycle show in the middle of Arizona Fall, you can actually ride to the motorcycle show! One of the nice features they offer is a gear check, which works like a coat check, but they will hold onto your helmet and jacket while you peruse the floor! How cool is that?! Another feature at the Arizona show is demo rides! I did not partake in any demo's this year... and actually not counting the bikes we rode during the Motorcycle Safety Class, the LiveWire was the only bike that I didn't own that I have ever tested! Even when I bought my motorcycle I never took it for a test ride, I knew that's what I wanted and bought it! But all the motorcycle brands were represented with a whole fleet of 2015 Demo bikes! 


This show seemed to be set up with better spacing than the show I attended in Chicago. This one was very lacking in the vendor market area though. In Chicago I would say about 1/3 of the whole show was vendors selling jackets, shirts, helmets and any other motorcycle related accessory you could think of. This show just had one small corner with a couple vendor. Other than that, each brand has their own area showcasing the newest bikes. This is a hands on even and you are encouraged to sit on the bikes and get a feel for them.


I took a look around at all the bikes that were on display. They even had a stage set up with bands playing throughout the day. I did notice quite a few motorcycle clubs sporting their patches, and a few that just said prospect on the bottom. It was quite a diverse group of people. Old me and kids and big bad bikers with neck tattoos, motorcycles really do bring people of all walks together.

Here are a few of my favorite bikes that I saw...

The Kawasaki Ninja H2 this bike was originally release as a bad ass supercharged non-street legal bike. They have since released a street legal version, but it looks so sweet. Look at all that carbon fiber :) 




Harley of course was there representing!


Here's another look at the LiveWire! I was surprised that there wasn't a bigger deal about it at the show. This was the simple display, just a bike on display with some 'making-of' video's showing the background. I did get to brag about it to a couple of guys who were standing there gawking at it :)



Star Motorcycles a division of Yamaha has really changed their styling of bikes over the years. I was never a fan of their styling with their bigger liquid-cooled bikes but they have really kicked it up a notch of two. They had some pretty sharp looking bikes out on the floor. I really liked some of the paint schemes they had with the Bolt, their 942cc air cooled bike.


Front View


Triumph motorcycles are growing on me too...

Just look at that giant three-cylinder engine!

Front view- not a huge fan of the double headlights


A Custom Motorcycle show lined the center aisles with tons of bikes from all different years and makes and models and genre's. This was one that stood out to me! (click on the picture to make it bigger and read all the details) 



Ducati is mostly known for their high performance race bikes and production sport bikes, but they definitely have a cruiser style bikes that will turn some heads...

The whole Scrambler line

Overall the show was great, I almost didn't go but I'm glad I ended up going. I got to see lots of great new bikes and if nothing else, people watching was excellent, and a free t-shirt for signing up to win a bike? What could be better than a free shirt on a Sunday? 


The last couple weekends left in November will continue to be filled with fun things so be sure to check back! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...