Sunday, December 22, 2013

10 Things: Arizona Thoughts Pt. 1

{Part 1 because I'm sure there will be more}


Obviously moving to another state in just a couple months it is normal to have a million things about it running through your mind. I thought this would be a great place to share the random stream of consciousness thoughts about moving to Arizona that are running through my head, I'm sure there will be many many more of these 10 things as the months move on.

10 Things: Random thoughts about Arizona

* Crap, no longer have the excuse that "it's winter" for not shaving my legs.

* A coworker's reaction upon hearing the news "My first thought was maybe you won't be so white now" awesome.

* Everyone keeps saying I'll have to change the name of the blog.. well I'm not it will stay North of 10th, but I will need suggestions on a new tag line "stories dreams and random thoughts from the brick streets of a small town" won't work anymore.

* It's approximately 1700 miles (about 24 hours) from small town to Phoenix and we're driving out. Ultimate road trip or highway to hell?

* Things I'm so far most excited to check out once I'm there: Grand Canyon, Tombstone/OK Corral and Cubs spring training in Mesa! 

* I've been Googling Arizona facts too, here are some ones that stood out: 

     ~Arizona has 3,928 mountain peaks and summits—more mountains than any one of the other Mountain States (Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming).

     ~ There are more wilderness areas in Arizona than in the entire Midwest. Arizona alone has 90 wilderness areas, while the Midwest has 50.+

    ~ Thirteen species of rattlesnakes live in Arizona, more species than in any other state.

* I'm interested to see what this "dry heat" feels like. In my mind hot is hot but people seem to think hot in AZ is different than hot in IL

* I love to wear my sunglasses. Sunglasses days make me happy (Winter time in IL does not give many sunglasses days) I've read on average Phoenix has 211 sunshine days... whoa.

* I'm worried about traffic and my patience level with it.

* I'm very excited that my birthday twin and his family are making the journey too! My favorite thing that Skinny said when he found out we both got the same job/city was a Mighty Ducks quote: "... And when the wind blows hard and the sky is black -Ducks fly together!" 

1 comment:

  1. Our Skinny said that? That is awesome. I am glad you will be together too.
    Page Turner

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...