Monday, April 8, 2013

No Lifeguard On Duty

                                                                               google image

A wise person said today... 

"When the boat tips over, it's every man for themselves... sad part is the boat tipped over a long time ago and we are all treading water, holding on to anything or anyone we can, to keep from drowning!" - The Page Turner

Our little ship is sinking. People dread going into work because it's lame, and then I feel bad for disliking my job right now because so many people don't have one to dislike, but morale is low, today it was hot and humid inside which made sitting at desk that much more unbearable. AND to make matters worse one of my floaties, The Page Turner, has decided that greener pastures are calling her name, and is opening a candy store in her town, now I'll be left on my own swimming in a circle. I won't lie, I don't want PT to leave, I won't know what to do without her, it will be difficult.

Maybe my job just isn't challenging anymore, literally trained monkeys could do this work. I'm not so sure some of the people working there wouldn't be better off traded with monkeys, a monkey might even smell better than some. I've lost the gung-ho attitude that I had when I first started, or maybe I was just so green I didn't know better. I'm sure my small town naivete hasn't helped, but it never ceases to amaze me the lack of work ethic that people have and the fact that they will stop at nothing to throw people under the bus. The knowledgeable get nit picked to the point of giving up and the clueless get rewarded for being able to speed through things without double checking their work. It's a broken system that leads to broken people. If I didn't have the bills to pay, I'd quit tomorrow and go back to school in something fun and study abroad, or join the Peace Corps, at least I'd feel like my life was making a difference. End Rant.


                                                             google image

... and it's only Monday. 

1 comment:

  1. It's a broken system that leads to broken people. Awesome line!!! Sad fact is, it is true.
    Saying goodbye to some awesome people is going to be super hard for me. I hope my leaving pushes you to find something better!
    We think you have potential. (What movie is that line from?)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...