Sunday, June 12, 2016

Are you Ever Actually Done Cleaning?

My version of cleaning, I'm pretty sure, varies quite a bit from what a normal person would consider clean. Clean to me also changes on a daily basis. Can't see the stove because it's covered in delivery pizza boxes? Looks clean to me. Then there are other days where the sight of even the slightest bundle of receipts cleaned out from the bottom of my purse will send me into a frenzy. 

I also suffer from, what I have self diagnosed as, Nocturnal Must-Clean-Now-itis. You know those moments on a Sunday evening, when you should be winding down, preparing yourself for the workweek that is coming, but instead you begin with folding the clean laundry that you should have folded from last weekend when you attempted laundry but didn't. Then next thing you know, you have this urge to go through your closet and make an even better mess in an attempt to 'organize'.

I have been on this cleaning roller coaster for about a month. It ultimately ends up in stacks of clothing that get moved from side to side of my bedroom as I continue to live around the ever growing mass of clothes that I don't even know where they came from. 

A.Drama was in town over last weekend (more on that in the coming days) and we attempted to get organized, but instead fun prevailed (totally not complaining).

But here I am again, when I should be gathering myself for the work week ahead, I find myself sorting through stacks of junk mail into throw away and shred piles. I'm gearing up for a vacation too (more on that later as well) and I want to come home to a really really clean house. 

Even with all that work though, are you ever actually done cleaning? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...