Saturday, May 9, 2015

Dallas Trip

A couple weekends ago I flew off to Texas to visit my friend Pumpkin Runner! (I would have posted sooner but was having a terrible time uploading pictures) 

It was a beautiful evening to fly out of Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport... them views though! 




When I arrived I was greeted by PR's kitty Rukia, she just happens to be Oliver's half sister too! (She was from Oliver's mom's second litter of kittens) Isn't she cute!?


The Friday I was there it rained so we went shopping. Saturday was our big day! We headed to Grapevine to check out their downtown area. We spent a good amount of time mesmerized by the workers at the glass blowing studio. 


The Grapevine City building

Some wine tasting! There were lots of winery's around

A funny sign to one of them (not the one we went to)



This was my favorite part of the trip (other than seeing Pumpkin Runner of course!) I'm a sucker for history and have wanted to visit this museum for awhile. It did not disappoint! It was much smaller than I anticipated and we arrived about 45 minutes before closing (with about 200 other people) so the floor was crowded. It really is only the 6th floor of the whole building. We weren't allowed to take pictures inside the museum. Admission included the audio tour which was very insightful! The museum is set up with timelines leading up to the assassination and the audio talks about the different pictures and artifacts you see. It would have been much more pleasant if there hadn't been so many people. I would recommend going during the day and earlier if you ever plan to visit. Their website offers a lot of great information and archives, so check it out! 


The grassy knoll

An X in the street marks the spot of the two shots
(Pictured is the location of the 2nd shot)



Of course there would be a conspiracy theorist set up with a science fair type board telling how the whole thing was a coverup.

The Book Depository

After our visit to Dealey Plaza, we headed off to go see 'The Age of Adaline' total chick flick, but I liked it.

It was a quick and short trip, we didn't even get a picture together in! :( 

I'm sure I will be back again to visit, and hopefully Pumpkin Runner can make it out to Arizona for a visit too! 

It was a pretty flight back to Arizona over a bed of clouds...


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...