Monday, April 13, 2015

What a Visit!

The family has returned home after their big AZ adventure and today sadly my vacation ended too, back to work for me. I dropped everyone off at the airport this morning, came home for a quick nap, and then off to work again! Everyone arrived safely back in Illinois to many a wagging tail, their fur-babies missed them all very much! 

Here's a few of the things we managed to squeeze in! 

We grilled...

We visited the Memorial Park downtown Phoenix in front of the Capital Building...


We saw one of the anchors and the signal mast from the USS Arizona...



We found the Lost Dutchman's Gold Mine at Tortilla Flats...



We visited the Commemorative Air Force Museum...








We went to Organ Stop Pizza...



We visited with Oliver and Audrey...



 We swam...

We watched baseball...


Gpa and I got on the big screen... no big deal...


They cheered me at the Warrior Dash....





 We saw more WWII Planes...







B-24 (The only one still flying)


B-17
(sidenote: Dad and I have seen 3/8 remaining B-17s still flying)

P-51

I had so much fun with everyone visiting. I love that this was Gma and Gpa's first vacation since my mom was little! We got to see a lot in the time they were here but we have so much more to see when they come back! Hopefully my next big vacation will be to visit NiBo in Hawaii!

I even had the chance to read/finish a book while I was on vacation...


This was the first book I have checked out digitally from my Library. Very convenient to be able to download a book for free without having to leave the house. I actually first came across this book after I saw the video below on a photographer of abandoned places page that I follow on Facebook, and I had to read the book. The book is filled with real pictures the author has found and incorporates the stories of those photos into the book. I have just started reading the second book in the series, and just now discovered there is a third book due out in September. I read this book in two late nights, I couldn't put it down and it left off with a cliffhanger ending so I'm glad I was able to snatch up the second book (also a digital checkout on my Nook) and I just got notification today that Girl on the Train is in and ready for me to read (again, digital check out) Look at me being a reader and all.... well I'm off to finally sleep in my own bed again! (I was an awesome granddaughter and let Gma/Gpa have my bed)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...