Saturday, July 5, 2014

Dust Storm Warning... For Realz this Time


I was sitting there minding my own business when the emergency alert tone rings loudly from my phone, Dust Storm Warning! I must say this alert is much like a tornado warning back home, the first thing you do before seeking shelter is to run outside and look in the sky! haha! 

Photo: AZ Central facebook page

I didn't take the above picture, I stole it from the local news facebook page but there was no way I could get that perspective from my level.






Here's what it looked like approaching from my complex, looks pretty wicked if you ask me! Then all of a sudden the sky turned very dark and the winds picked up out of nowhere! My friend Tulip lives out by the mountain and she has some wicked pics from there, she has more open area on the other side of her so it was way worse for her. The sky just turned a dark red, it looked like the apocalypse had arrived! 

Some of my other friends who live across the metro area got some nice rain downpours... no such luck for me! Just a couple sprinkles apparently as evident by the horrendous dirty spots all over my car! I long for a good summer thunderstorm, add that to the list of things I miss about Illinois! I think I'll get over it when winter rolls around.

Thankfully I had been home for a good amount of time for this dust storm. I hope the next time one rolls through I'm not out on the road! How's your weather been so far this summer!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...