Sunday, March 31, 2013

Remember Monday...

You know, Monday, the day of the no choice snow day. Where we had about 11" of snow on the ground. Well you wouldn't know it by the weekend we had.

The weather we had on Friday was amazeballs. So much so that I went out on a limb and bought some rollerblades. Sure I might get weird looks through town but I don't care. I'm a kid of the 90's and I grew up with rollerblades, and it's more fun than running and a good exercise too.


The weather was even so nice, the cover came off the bike and out of the shed for a ride around town



If Saturday had been more like Friday, that would have been ideal. With several and I mean several layers, the Rural Renegades geared up, braved the cold and wind and headed to the big city for the annual Blessing of the Bikes. Tons of bikes were there this year even though the weather was less than ideal. They even had to start the blessing early because the parking lot was filling up so much! 

Here's a few pics from the day...







It's a fun event that I look forward to every year, it's the official start of the riding season.






1 comment:

  1. I love roller blades and used them when I was in my 40's to get into shape.
    Glad you pulled your baby out of the shed.
    The Page Turner

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...