Monday, October 1, 2012

WW: Turkey Burger

I joined Weight Watchers a few weeks ago and I'm glad to be back with it. I had joined once before several years ago and did really great with it but then fell off the wagon pretty hard and didn't quite get back up. I've been a little down lately and think that losing some weight will help get my confidence back and get me on the right track.

Tonight was weigh in and I was down a 2.2lbs from last week bringing my total to 5.4! I got my 5lb sticker today! It's been really helpful to have gma making delicious dinners. We've been trying out recipes from the Best of five ingredient 15 minute Recipes from Weight Watchers. I promised I'd share some of the recipes we've been trying and here is a super yummy one, turkey burger! oh my was it yummy, it's even gpa approved! 

PointsPlus value per serving: 8
Prep: 5 mins * Cook: 7 mins

1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons fat-free milk
2 large egg whites
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
2 teaspoons 25%-less sodium Montreal chicken seasoning
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
cooking spray
1 (1 1/2 ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns
curly leaf lettuce leaves, refrigerated fresh salsa, and red onion slices (optional)

Instructions: 
1. preheat grill to medium high heat
2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Add turkey, chicken seasoning, and pepper. Using hands, gently mix until blended. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2 inch thick patty.
3. Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill patties 7 minutes or until done, turning after 4 minutes. 
4. serve burgers in bus with lettuce, salsa and onion slices, if desired.
Yield: 4 (serving size: 1 burger) 

Per serving: calories 336; fat 4.7g (sat 1g, mono 1.4g, poly 1.5g); protein 48.8g; Carb 28g; fiber 3.5g, chol 68mg; iron 3.6mg; sodium 444mg; calc 66mg


not my picture lol

3 comments:

  1. Keep the recipes coming! I'm always up for new dishes to try. By the way.....how's training going for the Screaming Pumpkin. Mine is pretty much nonexistent. Not looking forward to the torture ahead. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. screaming pumpkin training has not happened as I hoped it would. I've kinda talked myself out of doing it this year, my hearts just not in it like it has been in the past.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...