Friday, October 21, 2011

If it Should Be


IF IT SHOULD BE
If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand.
Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day, more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years.
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer so;
The time has come -- please let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend,
And please stay with me till the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve -- it must be you
Who had this painful thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years;
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.
--- Anonymous ---


Today I had to make the very very very difficult decision to put my bff for the past 18 years to sleep. Domino had a great long life and I didn't want him to have to suffer down the road. We did everything we possibly could and gave him the best chance for recovery. We are all very sad that Domino is no longer with us but we are so grateful for the many years of memories we have. I know I was very lucky to be able to have him in my life for as many years as I did. Anyone who knew D-mo knew he was one cool cat. I'm going to miss you so much bub.


Everyone goes through a 'fat' stage
  






To Whoever gets the honor of taking care of Domino in heaven:

Domino is the greatest bestest cat ever. Please take care of him in heaven and let him know we love him very very much and are going to miss him like crazy. Tell granny not to get too upset with him if he leaves his wet balls in her bed.  He likes angel food cake and pumpkin filling. Let him have all the soft food his tummy can handle, he likes shrimp flavor.  He might lick your face while your trying to go to sleep but we let him even though it hurts your face sometimes. He likes to sleep under the covers when its cold and his favorite spot is to snuggle in and sleep in the crook of your arm. He likes to lay in a sunspot on the floor and doesn't like his back in front of his tail scratched. Please take good care of my bubby he meant a great deal to me and I'm going to miss my little friend a ton. Oh, and I almost forgot, he also likes to nudge the door open when you're going to the bathroom and sits on your feet... so be ready for that. He really just likes to sit on feet and if he scratches his paws (don't worry he's declawed) on your legs that means he wants you to pick him up and snuggle him.

Love,
Heather


1 comment:

  1. So sorry you lost your friend. You were so lucky to have him so long. Because I care, you can have my cat. He does not cuddle, nor lick your face, or let you pet him. Ok, he is a terrible, mean cat. But maybe you can get through to him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...